Monday, December 22, 2014

Eviction Notice

So I have been dying to write this post and now that its time I'm not feeling it as much.  But my emotions are all over the place lately.  Sorry I'm going to be a punk and leave you hanging for a few minutes!

So just because here are a few more  of my favorites from the wedding.  Finally got my prints in and so I'll share these with you.  I can't get enough of the beach and am oh so grateful to have had our wedding here, it really means so much to me.  I have no doubt I will look back at these pictures forever with the happiest of memories!

Again thanks to Callie Gardiner Photography:



 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 

I never did share many from our engagement photo shoot so here are some of those too.  However its hard to decide which set of photos I like better (is that bad to say?) hehehe.  But unfortunately for Matt I have decided that all I want from him as a Christmas present every year is for us to do a couples photo shoot.  I know it sounds crazy but its nice to have actual photos of us that aren't from an out stretched arm and selfies. 
 
 
 

















Sorry if I bored you with all these silly photos! At least you an scroll through them if you want.  So now on to the real reason I wanted to write this post.   Marriage was our first adventure now we have found out we are in for another one and this will be even more adventurous than the last...


We recently found out that in about 4 months time we will be trading in our fins for snow shoes.  Good bye Florida, Hello Alaska!  Sorry no we aren't having a baby...we have a ways to go on that front...hehe.  I will be honest and say I have mixed feelings about this, some days I'm excited for the adventure and others the thought of not spending my summers on the beach brings tears to my eyes.  But I was re-reading  one of my own previous about Ways to Deal with Deployment/TDY's, and as I was reading it I realized that I need to approach this upcoming move just like I would when Matt goes TDY or Deploys.  And I actually already have.  If you want to take a look at the post I'm talking about you can click here.



 
 
Bucket List:
So it has inspired me to create a list for moving to Alaska, and a list of things I still want to do before leaving here.  This way I have something to look forward to and when we leave I won't feel like there was something I should have done.  I will be sharing both of my bucket lists in future posts.
 
Create Dates:
Making sure we set aside time to do things together, planning out mini adventures and getting involved in the community may be a great way to not only get to know other people but also adjust better to the darker winter days.
 
Write things you have always wanted to do:
While things I have always wanted to do can't all be done in Alaska, I can take up some new hobbies like learning to sew, making a quilt I've always wanted, take up painting, read more books, and even plan the tropical vacation of my dreams.  There is always things to do, always new experiences, and a new place means new people, new opportunities, new organizations so being open to embracing the new is important. 
 
Plan an adventure:
What is more adventurous than moving to Alaska?  But I am excited to plan our cross country drive, and all of the stops we are going to make...with three dogs in tow!  And all the pictures!!!
 
Find a new hobby:
Well snorkeling, shell searching and kayaking have become hobbies for me, I will certainly need to find new hobbies in Alaska, and of course I will continue to be obsessed with photography.  But I do wonder what new hobby I will pick up from moving to Alaska.  Ok so I know I say that like trying to "Pick Up" a hobby in Alaska is like "Picking up" the plague.  But its not that bad, and I'm going into this move excited about a new set of experiences.  And that's impressive for me because while I usually have a great outlook on life...I struggle with change!
 
Be a Mermaid:
:,-( Tear!  Ok so this is really was saying to let yourself be open to the unexpected.  So I can say that I am open to lots of unexpected experiences.  Here in Florida I was open to becoming a Mermaid, who knows what unexpected things I will love to do in the opposite side of the US.
 
Be a Tourist:
Well since we will likely be living in the North Pole, I can promise being a tourist will not be a problem.  And if you know me, you know how big of a kid I am and how exciting this is!  However since visiting Santa is about the only touristy thing to do, I think I will need to take the 7hr drive to Anchorage to be a tourist.
 
Take care of yourself:
This has never been more true as it is moving to Alaska.  I need to exercise and find new healthy recipes to keep myself busy....and in the winter with only 3hrs of day light (more like 3hrs of sunset) this is a must to keep my sanity.  Cooking healthy food and deserts has always been for fun for me, well the find the recipe parts on pinterest is fun, I guess I will need to work on my follow through. (Cause Matt seems to do all the cooking).  However working out will have to be a priority also, because there will be so much change in such a little time, I will definitely need it. So I'm looking forward to the new Beach Body workout 21 Day Fix Extreme to come out in February (seriously take a look I'm so Pumped, email me for questions), and getting the new Insanity Max:30!  So I have a few things to look forward to.
 
Learn new recipes:
And since I did mention this above, I should probably add to actually create these recipes.  But I do love learning healthier ways to cook, and I have been finding lately that I simply don't have the time.  We have so much going on right now with the holidays and preparing to move that cook has honestly been to a minimal, and thanks to my amazing Husband he has gone against all things he believes in cooking wise to make sure that he is cooking healthy meals for me....now that is love.  Lol!  But I have to say after about a year of changing the way we cook and what we eat, I think we can both tell a difference in how we feel!  So I know in Alaska winters are long and very cold, but that doesn't mean we have to heavy, fatty foods.  So my goal is to learn how to make all our favorite comfort food in a healthier way.
 
Be willing to be spontaneous:
I love being spontaneous and taking unexpected adventures, however in the winter months I am not sure what to expect or how we will adjust to being outside in the cold, but we will soon find out.  However, since the Northern Lights don't come out until very late in the evening my spontaneity may take shape in the form of becoming more accustomed to being awake past 8pm, or atleast waking up in the middle of the night.  But I am excited about camping trips, wildlife, hiking, kayaking, and hot springs.  And since it is still just the two of us, we plan to be as spontaneous as possible and open to enjoying all Alaska has to offer.  Even if we will be living in a Frozen Desert so to speak.
 
Plan a girls night/afternoon:
This one will take some time, we will see what friends I make when we are there.  Until then I will certainly be keeping up with the friends I have made and use my blog to feel like I am sharing my experiences with them.  Thank goodness for the internet, and hopefully the internet works in the North Pole....it should right?  Santa does have email??
 
Look for unexpected beauty:
This is likely my favorite, and what I am the most excited and nervous about.  I have learned to find beauty all around me, and I have so enjoyed the beauty living by the coast brings, but now I will have a whole new terrain to explore and I am excited about photographing and being exposed to a whole different side to nature, but nervous about the unknown.
 
Organize and de-clutter:
Anyone who has ever moved probably understands the joy of purging all the things you don't use and trying to start fresh.  We have lived in our house together for almost 3yrs and its crazy the things we have collected, so we are both excited about going through and simplifying our things, so when we move into our next house we can be essentially clutter free.  However next year after our move I'll let you know how my little theory actually turned out.
 
Document what you are doing:
Well I have every intention on doing this, and even planning on trying my hand at some videos of our cross country travel.  I think I am trying to focus more on the fun of planning out the stops to make and sights to see, since that is our first step to Alaska.  I can't wait to document our trip, and share the sights along the way.  I have only ever lived on the East Coast so driving West may be a shock for me, and since I love taking photos this will be an amazing adventure.  And yes I already have all kinds of crafts planned for fun ways to document our travel, and can't wait to share them after we are settled in.
 
Make a list of all the things you want to do together:
If you haven't noticed I am totally a lists persons, its just the way my brain functions, I like to plan to the smallest detail possible.  I have a note book full of lists!  I have my Alaska Bucket List (and continually adding to it), and I'm getting Matt to tell me what he wants to do also.  Right now our first focus is the massive list of things to do to get ready to PCS.  And yikes it can be overwhelming! After the week we both have had we are both stressed to the max!  So yeah for date night tomorrow!
 
 
 
 
So the excitement is building. If you know me you know I have been craving an adventure.  And that is exactly what we are getting.  I have been following Alaskan Natives, Natgeo Alaska and lots of others on Instagram and the more snowy scenes I see the more I get excited about all the fun and new things we will get to experience.  Granted leading up to the big move I'm likely be very stressed and exhausted, but no matter what happens we will be in Alaska before the summer! 
 
And yes it was completely intentional to start the blog off in away that makes everyone think we were having a baby.  But hey I feel like its a right of passage, I mean I get asked multiple times a day when we are having kids, so I feel like its the only fun to be had as a newly wed.  Trust me everyone will know when we begin to expand our family past the 4 legged babies!
 
Stay tuned for my crazy bucket lists for here and Alaska and lets see how many things I can really check off my list!  Wish us luck!
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Omg Alaska! You are going to have so much fun and I look forward to your blogs and posts about your new adventure. I know several people who are living in Alaska due to their husbands being stationed there and they love it. Best of luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exciting news! I have a cousin who lived in Alaska and loved it. I know you will enjoy the snow just like I enjoy the snow here in WI! Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - found your blog via Pinterest. I moved up to Alaska from Wisconsin in September (just because hubby wanted to and I was ready for a change). Good luck to you and I really hope you love it! We are out in the boonies (but on the road system!) and I love how relaxing it is.
    I blog over on ouralaskalive.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you.. I hope you are resting easy up in heaven.

    ReplyDelete